The Danish Ministry of Climate and Energy and the Ministry of Transportation have received the Digitalization Award 2011
The Danish Ministries awarded the prize for digitizing all work processes and implementing the solution in a very short time frame resulting in significant efficiency gains.
- Nomination of cBrain F2 was called “little beauty” by Journalist Peter Mogensen when he summarized the winning project.
The Danish Ministry of Climate and Energy and the Ministry of Transportation have received the Digitalization Award 2011 for their implementation of a new IT-system, called “cBrain F2”, that facilitates the elimination of paper-based work processing, collaboration and record management and incorporates social media tools (chat, stick-on notes,..) in the execution of governmental case management.
This is the first true government 2.0 solution that incorporates all work done within a governmental department entirely eliminating the use of paper to transfer information.
Now all personnel groups work digitally, from the youngest employee to the Permanent Secretary. Paper is no longer used to move and process governmental data and work information as governmental knowledge workers carries out their duties. All case management processing, knowledge sharing, collaboration as well as archiving and journalizing (record management), is managed within the cBrain F2 system.
The Ministries were presented the award by the Danish Minister for Science, Technology and Innovation, Charlotte Sahl-Madsen, at a yearly digitalization conference in April 2011 arranged by the national IT and Telecom Agency under the Ministry.
The digital approach has led to significant efficiency gains, increased security as well as higher employee satisfaction. Reports from the Danish Ministries includes an average reduction of case processing time by 1/3, time savings of 30-45 minutes per employees per day and a user survey reporting that 37% of employees are now happier for their work.
At the award ceremony it was stated:
- “The Ministries have shown how we can still achieve major efficiency within the area of public administration. Their new integrated case processing and document management solution is ground-breaking in the way it connects and integrates political case processing and traditional journalizing practices. As an example, now registration and journalizing is “just” a fully automated side effect of sending an email and NOT a separate activity.
- It is also pioneering thinking that the solution offers built-in social media technologies where any document is tightly integrated with Chat functionality.
- Furthermore, it is outstanding how fast the Ministries have been able to implement and roll-out their new system. The complete project took only six months at the Ministry of Transportation followed by only 8 weeks at the Ministry of Climate and Energy.”
Permanent Secretary Thomas Egebo, the Ministry of Climate and Energy:
- “If I put a mark on the F2 system and the implementation process we have been through there is no doubt that this is a straight A.”
- “I expect that I personally have saved more than half an hour every day as a result of implementing the cBrain F2 solution. And 2.5 hours extra Permanent-Secretary-time a week… that is a lot!”
Permanent Secretary Jacob Heinsen, the Ministry of Transportation:
- “The F2 solution is a solution that has helped us improve our productivity significantly and it has moved our organization into the 21st century.”
- “You would think it was a lie… but employees say they are actually happier at work now after the introduction of the new IT-system. This may be the first time in world history that a large number of employees are happier for their work 2 months after the introduction of a new Case Processing and Document Management system”.
About cBrain and the F2 solution:
cBrain is a software company listed on NASDAQ-OMX. cBrain challenges the traditional IT approach by applying an innovative design and development methodology, where the solution is designed with business processes as the starting point and built from cBrain’s software component library of SOA modules.
The cBrain F2 solution is a comprehensive and fully integrated case management platform for all governmental knowledge workers, from the youngest employee to the head of the Ministry.
cBrain F2 replaces existing stand-alone applications by integrating the necessary work functionality into an all-in-one application, supporting both PC/net-based users as well as mobile users, and it enables organizations to work “paperless” using digital workflows.
cBrain F2 is not only a great new government 2.0 work tool that automates and eliminates many routine tasks. It might also change governmental work culture and transform how future public leaders will lead and manage their organizations in order to serve the public, politicians and the political environment.